Looking for an easy, tasty, healthy and protein-rich meal idea? Try our cricket powder meatballs - ideal with homemade tomato sauce over spaghetti!
Get your own cricket powder here!
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 portobello mushrooms finely chopped
- 400g cooked chickpeas, if canned rinsed and drained
- A pinch of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp Naak cricket powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- In a large skillet heat grapeseed oil over medium-high heat. Once hot add the finely chopped onion. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, mushrooms, thyme and soy sauce. Continue to cook for about 8 more minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Place mushroom and onion mixture in a food processor with chickpeas, cricket powder and chickpea flour. Pulse until well combined but still slightly clumpy. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Place batter in the freezer for about 10 minutes to set.
- Once batter has chilled form 1 1/2 inch balls. Place on a prepared baking sheet and drizzle with a tiny bit of oil and bake in the oven for 18-23 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Flip halfway through cooking.
Laisser un commentaire